Exercise 5B
Scott Battye
Address
Phone
Email
13 September 2010
John Doe
Studio Manager
Company Name
Address
Dear Mr. Doe,
I’m currently in the final semester of my bachelors’ degree of Games Graphics Design at RMIT, my experience so far includes 5 projects as part of my studies. This has involved a lot of team work and learning to team build. So blending in with new teams once we’re in the industry is an easier task for us all.
As an avid player of various puzzle games, I’m eager to join Company Name in the development of them and other games. Knowing how much I can get out of playing them influences me to want to help other gamers get as much out of them as I have. With the skills and abilities I’ve learnt in menu design, Heads Up Display design and mostly self taught capabilities in web design.
I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that I can make a substantial contribution to the Infinite Interactive team into the future. I also have some pictures and videos of past works I’ve completed should you want to see more of my abilities.
Sincerely,
Scott Battye
---------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Battye
Address
Phone
Email
13 September 2010
Jane Smith
HR Representative
THQ Australia
Address
Quality Assurance Tester
Dear Ms. Smith,
I’m writing to you in application of the position listed above.
I’m currently in the last semester of my Bachelors degree in Games Graphics Design at RMIT University in Melbourne.
Although I have no previous experience other than my work internally at University I have come to take a liking to designing user interface and heads up display, as well as a level of self taught website design.
I’m currently living in Melbourne, but would be prepared to make the move north of the range to work for such a globally recognised company. Should a demo reel be required I can provide one.
I’m available to be contacted on the above phone number, I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Scott Battye
--------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Battye
Address
Phone
Email
13 September 2010
Tom Johnson
HR Manager
Bizarre Creations
Address
Game Designer
I’m writing in application of the position of Game Designer as listed above and on your website.
I’m in my final semester of my Bachelors Degree in Games Graphics Design at RMIT University, learnt a lot in the course about teamwork and team building with new people; as well as relative skills in the game design industry. In my time as a student of RMIT I’ve undertaken studies in Maya, After Effects and InDesign, as well as improving my abilities with Photoshop. I’ve also undertaken some self-learning to improve my narrative skills, HUD/UI skills and web design skills.
I also have an interest in learning iPhone/iPad development and Android development at some stage in the future as it’s a rapidly growing market, and it’s quite popular; so it’s definitely something I’d like to get involved in at some stage.
Although I currently reside in Melbourne, Australia, I am prepared to make to move to England to work for such a globally recognised game development company. As developers of heavy titles such as Project Gotham Racing 4 and Blur, and lighter titles such as Geometry Wars and Boom, Boom Rocket, Bizarre is definitely a company I would love to work for.
I’m available to be contacted at the above address or phone number, and I can send through a reel
No comments:
Post a Comment