Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cover Letters Georgina Benedetti s3166191

Georgina Benedetti
[ Address Here ]

Traveller's Tales
The Producer
Canute Court
Toft Road
Knutsford
Cheshire
WA16 0NL

Dear TT Games Studios,

I am writing to you to apply for the Junior Artist position posted on your website.

I am a third year student at Melbourne RMIT University Australia and was excited to find on your website that you are looking for a junior artist. I have played a few of your Lego games including Lego Indiana Jones on PSP and X BOX and Lego Star Wars on X BOX and I have been tempted to buy Lego Batman for PSP also. Your games are full of humour and the co-op works really well.

I have learnt the basics of Maya modelling and have been able to create a scene and a character. I’ve also taken part in a group project where we made Strength In Arms, a 2D platformer game where the player takes on the role of a knight and takes on a series of wacky, fun filled adventures! If you would like more information on the game, our website is strengthinarms.com.

I am finishing study in the course Games Graphics Design for a Bachelor of Arts and will be ready to work in thirteen weeks. I have attached a CV for your disposal and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,




Georgina Benedetti





Georgina Benedetti
[ Address Here ]

Producer
3/201 Fitzroy St
VIC 3182
AUSTRALIA

Dear Infinite Interactive,

My name is Georgina Benedetti and I am a third year student at RMIT currently undertaking the Games Graphics Design course. I am writing to you in regards to work that may be available. I will be completing my degree in thirteen weeks and will be ready to work from then on.

I am really excited about working for a Infinite Interactive that produces games over a large range of platforms such as Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PC, PS3, Xbox and many others! I have looked at your website and was very happy to see a great range of puzzle and adventure games that are fun to play with bright and energetic artwork.

In my three years of study I have learnt how to use many different computer programs such as, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects, Adobe InDesign and Maya. Using these programs I have learnt many design techniques, 3D modeling, animation and my drawing skills have improved dramatically.

This year, I am a part of the team of five who made Strength In Arms, a 2D mulit-player platformer game that was exhibited at Freeplay 2010. I am the lead environment artist and worked togther with another team member to get all the environment art assests done in time for the game. If you would like to check out our game we have a website: strengthinarms.com and if you would like to get in contact with the team our e-mail address is hex@strengthinarms.com.

I have attached a CV and look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.


Yours sincerely,




Georgina Benedetti





Georgina Benedetti
[ Address Here ]

The Producer
P.O. Box 172
Red Hill
QLD 4059 Australia

21 February 2010

Dear Halfbrick Studios,

I am a third year student studying at RMIT Melbourne for a Batchelor of arts in the course, Games Graphics Design. I will be finishing up the course in thirteen weeks and from then on, will be available for work. I am interested in taking a Designer position.

In the year 2009 I attended a digital distribution talk at Federation Square Melbourne run by Victoria Film, where different companies gathered together to talk about the development of games, budgeting and mobile gaming. I noticed half brick and their new game, Raskulls on X-Box Live. I loved seeing a range of up to sixteen characters that have different personalities each appealing to a range of audiences. I was also excited to see lots of titles on your website, such as Avatar, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Spyro. All of these games look like fun not just to play, but to make!

In my third year of my course I myself worked in a group of five students working on our major project and our game we are proud to call Strength In Arms. Our game is a 2D multi-player platformer game using XNA to swing players into the role of a knight, exploring a world with fun filled adventures! Making this game was an extremely fun and exciting experience. An experience I would love to be a part of again.

I have attached a resume and look forward to hearing from you,
thank you,


Yours sincerely,




Georgina Benedetti

No comments:

Post a Comment