Monday, August 23, 2010

Jason Prentice s3199024 Cover Letter Assignment

**insert Details I'd rather not post on teh interwebz here**

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is Jason Prentice, I'm an aspiring Animator with aspirations of world domination via an Interactive Digital Medium.

Now I could bore you senseless with some mindless dribble about how you should pick me because I'm the best greatest Animator who ever walked the face of the cosmos like every other person applying for this job.
But you've probably already read enough of those letters to drive a lesser person insane and we both know I'd be lying through my teeth.
Truth be told I've got alot to learn and a fair ways to go, however I approach my work with Passion and Enthusiasm.
I love a Challenge, the more Challenging the better, while most might say "You want me to animate a Building that turns into an Alien and Fights Zombie's!?! That Can't be done!" I will ask "How many Zombies do you want, and what Building?" then I shall make it so.

I get along great with others and work especially well in a Team; For our final year Project at University I Animated 2D sprites for a Videogame we were making called "Strength in Arms" www.strengthinarms.com which was about the Misadventures of a dashing knight known as Sir Christov, who swung around on vines and fought Lumberjacks with Chainsaws for Arms riding Bulldozers.
We even got featured at the FreePlay exhibition in Melbourne, so we must have been doing something right.

Anyway I've probably wasted enough of your time with writing, personally I prefer to let my work speak for me which is why I sent a copy of my Animation Reel along with this letter.

*insert Hyperlink to Animation Reel if Cover letter is Submitted via Web here*


This stuff is what I do for Fun, and if I can make a living Animating for *insert company name here* well even better.

I look forward to working with you.

-Jason Prentice

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention this is a Cover Letter for a position as an Animator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Jason, were you in the week 6 class? I don't remember reading these entertaining letters with you!

    ReplyDelete